Probably, all of our Gmail accounts are bombarded with numerous emails and among those, some are extremely important to us. No doubt, our Gmail inbox has very sensitive business details, personal history, and other data as well, which is locked there with the purpose to save them. But what if you lost your Gmail messages? Perhaps, you may lose many crucial business communications with this and it may disturb your on-going work. There are many crucial reasons for which you may lose your important emails. Due to hacking, you may have to delete those, or it may happen accidentally.
Obviously, this is not the end of the story. Every problem has some vital solutions. You have also a great option to restore your lost emails. Just follow these simple steps and backup your Gmail emails.
1. First, you need to open your Google Account page and type https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout in your browser’s address. With this, the Google Takeout screen will appear.
2. To view the entire list of data which you want to restore, just go and scroll the screen. You will discover different types of data that you can access with your Google account.
3. Now click to select none by which you can deselect all and only restore those which you want to do. You can also go ahead with restoring all simply by clicking “Next”, displayed on the bottom of the screen.
4. Slide the Gmail slider in order to back up your Gmail account. You have also an option to expand the screen and refine it further to backup specific part of the mail. For this, just click the down arrow to the left of the slider and select emails that you want to back up. There are two options available:
- Select and click “Include all your mail” to restore all your Gmail emails.
- Select and Click “Select labels”. With this, you can choose the labels or folders that you want to back up.
5. After you have finished choosing the data type for back up, just scroll to the bottom of the page and click to “Next”.
6. By clicking on next, “Customize archive format” screen will be displayed.
7. Optimize this screen in order to define the following factors
File type: The default archive file type that you will see on screen is .zip. For .tgz file type just click the down arrow and choose it.
Archive size: Click the down arrow icon and get the file size options for your file. You can select the size from the following file sizes: 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 10GB, and 50GB. Just click on your preferred file size.
Delivery method: With this feature, you can select the way you want to receive your archived data. Click the down arrow and select one from the following choices: Send download link via email, Add to Drive, Add to Dropbox, Add to OneDrive and Add to Box.
8. Once you are done with the selection of your archive format, click to the “Create Archive” option displayed at the lower left corner of the screen. This will let Google start creating the backup files.
9. Now the screen will be displayed showing that Google is working on it and it may take some time. When the archive is prepared, you’ll be reported with its location through email.
10. Follow these steps to download the backup file from the link provided by email.
- Open the mail showing “Your Google data archive is ready”.
- Click on “Download archive’ in the email.
- Re-enter the Gmail password when asked for.
- Select a relevant save location.
- Your file will be downloaded to the required location.
Follow these steps and accomplish the backup process for your Gmail emails. We hope you would like this blog. If you think we had missed some important points, please do mention in the comment section below. We welcome all your queries and suggestions.