Blogger which was known as Blogspot earlier is the blogging platform for any budding blogger since 1999. Everybody gets an opportunity to use it to explore and enhance the writing capabilities. Apart from this, the user-friendly interface also gives them the opportunity to indulge in more creative fields. Within a few days, it had become the most popular content management system.
But with time the crown of popularity has shifted to WordPress. The people, who have their blogs set in Blogger, now want to take the advantages of the WordPress CMS. If you are looking to migrate your blog, then find here the steps which will guide you thoroughly.
Steps to Import Blogger Site to WordPress:
1. Log in to your WordPress Dashboard.
2. In the dashboard, select Tools from the left panel and from there click on
3. You have to select Blogger and the tab on Install Now.
4. After the installation, the confirmation screen will display the message ‘Importer installed successfully. Run Importer’. Now select Run Importer.
5. Now you have to upload the XML file to complete the process. If you know the process, go to Step 10 and if you don’t know how to download the XML file from your Blogger account then continue.
6. Log in to your Blogger Account to download the XML file.
7. From the left menu click on Settings and from there you have to select Other.
8. The main screen will show Import & back up button under which you will find Backup Content.
9. Next, you have to tab on Save to your computer.
10. Now go to your WordPress dashboard and select Choose File and click on the XML file you have already saved on your computer.
11. Now select Upload file and import.
12. After the completion of the import process, you need to select the author. You can import an author from the Blogger also if you have not selected from existing users.
13. Select the Submit
On the final screen, you can see the message All done. Have fun! Go to the posts to check that your import is done and successful.
Now enjoy your blogs in your WordPress CMS. If you are still feeling any difficulty, please let us know in the comment section. We are here to help you.