Matched content ad is a free Google tool added in the AdSense family. It offers you an effective way to promote your content to the visitors of your sites. By utilizing this feature, you can excellently recommend more relevant content to your sites’ visitors and hence improve the page views.
Google itself scan your website and bring the recommendations for the similar content so as to increase the visitors’ engagement, page views and the time your visitors spend on your content. This is the finest way to increase your website’s ad revenue.
But unfortunately, matched content feature is not available for all. It is restricted to some limited users who possess a quality blog or website and which acquire an appreciable traffic. At present, it’s available for limited AdSense publishers. Have a look on the official wordings:
“The Matched content feature is not available to all publishers. To be eligible, you must have a site that meets our minimum requirements for traffic volume and number of unique pages. We’ve put these requirements in place to ensure that Matched content provides a great experience for you and your site visitors. Once your site is approved, you’ll have access to the Matched content feature in your AdSense account.” < Source: Google>
How to check the eligibility for matched content?
You need to follow the following steps in order to check whether your content is eligible for matched content ads.
1. Login to AdSense account.
2. Then click on to the settings icon.
3. Click to site management.
If you are eligible for matched content ads then your particular website will be notified with an “Approved” message on the right.
Steps to create a new matched content ad unit
1. First sign in to AdSense account.
2. Click on “My ads” displayed in the left navigation panel.
3. Click on “+New ad unit”.
4. In the next step select the “Matched Content”.
5. Check the eligibility of the website for the matched content. For this, you simply need to drop-down in the upper corner of the preview area and you will discover the eligible site.
6. Name your Matched content unit.
7. Switch to “Style” section and adjust the style of your required matched content unit so as to match your website.
8. Go to “Ad Size” section and select your preferred ad size that matches your layout.
Numerous websites are benefitted with these kinds of ads. A great increase in revenue generation is experienced by many site owners after making use of matched content ads. This is certainly the best feature for content makers to boost their viewers’ attention and engagement towards their blog which ultimately avails them with the great profit margin.
We would like you to share your thoughts about this ultimate Google feature in the comments section given below.